Starting date & duration: October 2014 – 5 months
Location: 14, Rond Point-Schuman – Brussels (Belgium), with possible travels abroad
Deadline for application: 15/09/2014 – interviews planned in September (skype interview possible)
Remuneration: around 436€ a month, university training agreement necessary – 35 hours per week
The Atlantic Arc Commission (www.arcatlantique.org) brings together 18 Regional authorities among 5 Atlantic Member States (Portugal, Spain, France, Ireland and the UK). It is one of the six geographical commissions of the Conference of Peripheral and Maritime Regions of Europe (CPMR – www.cpmr.org), a network of 150 Regional authorities from 28 States.
The Atlantic Arc Commission operates both as a think tank and as a lobby for Regions at the EU level, representing its member Regions in policy areas such as: maritime issues, fisheries, transports, marine renewable energies, innovation, etc. The Atlantic Arc Commission also participates in European cooperation projects.
The Atlantic Arc Commission is composed of the Executive Secretary (i.e. Policy coordinator) and a part time policy assistant. The Atlantic Arc team is fully integrated in the CRPM General Secretary, which counts 21 people in Rennes (FR) and Brussels (BE) mainly. The intern will be located in Brussels together with the Executive Secretary.
Provide support to the Executive Secretary and Presidency of the Atlantic Arc Commission by carrying out the following tasks:
- Policy monitoring, particularly in the following areas: Macro-Regions and sea-basins strategies, territorial cooperation policy, Marine Renewable Energies, R&I, Maritime and Fisheries policies, Transport accessibility, etc.
- Participation and notes taking for the CPMR Atlantic Arc Commission in meetings (European Parliament, Committee of the Regions, AAC working groups, etc.)
- Support to EU funded cooperation projects (2 projects currently running: Atlantic Power Cluster on marine renewable energy and ARCOPOL-Platform on maritime pollution prevention) – monitoring on new calls for proposals (Interreg, Cosme, Life+, etc.)
- Logistic support to the CPMR team in Brussels (8 people) notably help organising meetings and seminars
Knowledge, experience, interests and skills:
- Master’s degree (ongoing or already concluded) in a relevant area (European affairs, law, political science, maritime, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken), working proficiency of at least 2 of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese or French.
- Knowledge/experience in project management and event organisation is a plus
- Interest in maritime related policies
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive team player
- Willingness to travel abroad
How to apply: Please send your CV (no more than 2 pages) and a brief cover letter (1 page max) in English to email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org in copy, with the subject: “Atlantic Arc Commission Internship”. We thank all applicants for their interest in this internship. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.